There is a wide variety of curtains available and getting new curtains can instantly change the look of a room. If you are planning to get new curtains for your home, you should consider getting blinds along with them. There are many advantages of doing this, two of which are listed below.
New curtains are beautiful but adding blinds behind them can make them even more so. You can find blinds in a variety of colors and many different types so should have no problem finding some that go well with the color of your curtains. If you do not want the blinds to show, simply raise them up, such as if you want more sun through the window during the day time.
Having the blinds down can give your curtains a different look. This is especially true if you pull each side of your curtains back instead of letting them hang straight down.
Some types of blinds you will find include:
- Pleated blinds: Are generally made of cloth and flows as the blind goes up and unfolds when you put the blind down.
- Aluminum blinds: Durable blinds that give you more control over the darkness and light of the room. You can add headrails to make these blinds look seamless.
- Honeycomb blinds: These blinds are generally made of a lightweight, sold cloth material. They are unique as if you look at these blinds from the side you will see honeycomb shapes.
- Roman blinds: These blinds are made of cloth and move up in an accordion style and smooth out when you fold them down.
- Wood and faux wood: You can find these blinds made of maple, birch, or bamboo. Faux wood is made to look like real wood. The slats are generally two to four inches and they move up and down like the aluminum blinds.
Gives You More Privacy
Blinds can give you much more privacy, especially if you have sheer curtains. If you only have sheer curtains anyone passing by your home will be able to see inside. You can purchase blinds that are specifically made to provide privacy also. These blinds work great for any room that faces the street or for bathrooms that have windows.
If you do want privacy, consider the type of blind you purchase. For example, Roman blinds do not have any kind of opening when they are moved up or down as they are made with a solid piece of fabric. If you choose aluminum blinds the slats are generally small so there is less of a space when they are closed.
Visit a store like House Of Drapery that sells blinds to see what they offer. This can help you make a choice on what is best for your home.