Now is the perfect time to put some thought and resources into refurbishing your bathroom. Of all the rooms in your house, the bathroom is one that often gets overlooked and ignored during home renovation projects. Don't settle; turn your bathroom into something special and a space that you enjoy showing off.
Seven ways to remodel and refurbish your current bathroom are:
1. Try for a theme. Consider pulling-off a theme, such as an Asian-inspired bathroom that incorporates oriental light fixtures, mosaic tile flooring, and rich, dark wood. Add a statue of Buddha for a fitting accent.
2. Tile your ceiling. Talk with bathroom contractors about tiling your ceiling. This can add an elegance and cohesion to your space, and when you use the same tiles as the walls or flooring, your room can seem a lot larger.
3. Swap out your sink. Simply changing a sink can make a dramatic difference in how your bathroom looks. Check home improvement stores or plumbing vendors for vessel-style or flat-bowl sinks to bring a modern flair to your current bathroom.
4. Treat yourself to a gorgeous tub. Really make a significant impact by changing out your tub. Invest in a beautiful whirlpool or garden-style tub that can actually be an aesthetically-pleasing focal point for the entire room.
5. Bring in a bidet. If you do not currently have a bidet, you are certainly not alone. These are fixtures in most European bathrooms, and are used to ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the user. Talk with your plumber about the specifics to adding a bidet to your current configuration. It could be easier than you think!
6. Mirror a wall. Covering an entire wall with mirrored tiles can make your bathroom seem larger. This technique also eliminates the need for a separate mirror or vanity in the space.
7. Open up to the outdoors. Another great tip to transform your bathroom is to optimize the natural light available. In some cases, adding floor-to-ceiling windows or a pair of patio doors to the backyard is the answer. Depending on the layout of your home, you may be able to bring some of the outdoors inside, by creating an entrance to a patio, deck, garden, or your yard.
Talk with building contractors and plumbers about how to best incorporate these seven suggestions into your current bathroom. Whether you are seeking something fresh and new, or if you simply want to add some new fixtures to your existing space, spending money on refurbishing your bathroom is a prudent investment.